Our home energy efficiency support is focused on the Syrian families who are brought to Edinburgh as part of the UK-wide Syrian Resettlement Programme. These families are arriving directly from refugee camps and are entirely unfamiliar with local heating systems and recycling practices. We provide the families with immediate support to help them to settle comfortably and affordably in their new homes.
As part of a home energy visit we offer:
* Energy efficiency tips to lower bills
* Understanding energy bills
* Recycling more
* Submitting meter readings
* Contact energy suppliers
* Find better tariffs or switching to a cheaper energy supplier
* Financial help with energy debt – applying for grants
* Check eligibility to the £140 Warm home discount.
* Set up an online account.
* Switching from prepayment meter to normal meter or smart meter.
* Help to source LED light bulbs.
* Use an energy monitor to demonstrate usage
* Renewable energy advice.
* Referral to other agencies for more in depth support
We also offer monthly home energy advice sessions to all our participants at the Welcoming to help people with practical home energy issues such as submitting meter readings, contact energy suppliers, find better tariffs or switching to a cheaper energy supplier. These are on the last Tuesday of every month, from 12-1pm on the 1st floor at The Welcoming.