The ‘Covid-19 Wellbeing Fund’ has been granted to The Welcoming Association by the Scottish Government.
The emergency fund will provide financial support for up to a maximum amount of £600 in total per applicant. The fund is available to registered members of The Welcoming Association or individuals arrived to Edinburgh through the Syrian Resettlement Programme who have attended Welcoming activities and are facing particularly challenging economic circumstances as a direct consequence of the Covid-19 outbreak.
- You need to have registered with The Welcoming Association before the 10th March 2020 or be registered as part of Edinburgh Syrian Resettlement Programme and have attended The Welcoming’s activities. Due to limited resources, priority will be given to individuals who have been actively involved in The Welcoming’s activities within the last two years.
- Currently living in Edinburgh.
- You have to have suffered direct economic consequences from the Covid-19 outbreak.
Applications are now OPEN
- Fill in and submit the application form.
- The result of your application will be communicated via email.
- If successful, you will be provided with a voucher for primary necessity goods.
Please be advised that on the Monday 1st June and Wednesday 3rd June, 2-6pm, Saad Ibrahim – English and Arabic speaker – will be available to assist you with the application process:
Email: [email protected] – Telephone no. 07405585825
Please note that due to limited funding, we cannot accept applications for more than one person in a family/household unit and cannot award more than £600 in total to any applicant. We keep the right to review the amount of your application depending on your personal circumstances.
For more information about the fund please email [email protected] or phone 07399882282.