What we need
The Welcoming jogscotland is a jog group affiliated to jogscotland, the recreational running element of scottishathletics. Information we collect from individuals includes a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) form and group register at each session. All members are required to sign up to jogscotland as a member however this data is not held within the group at a local level. The PARQ must be completed by every member.
The Welcoming jogscotland will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us on your PARQ.
Members’ and Jog Leaders’ personal data:
When you register as a member of The Welcoming at jogscotland, or renew your membership, this will be done centrally through the jogscotland website. The Welcoming jogscotland will not be sent any of the details provided to jogscotland. See jogscotland’s main privacy notice for more information on how your details will be handled by jogscotland/scottishathletics.
The Welcoming jogscotland will retain any information provided by you on your PARQ ie. your name, emergency contact details, any relevant medical information you may provide, your consent (or non-consent) to have your photograph/videos of you used for publicity purposes, and your phone number if you choose to provide it for the purposes of adding you to our WhatsApp group.
We will record your attendance at the group in a register.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
Members’ and Jog Leaders personal data:
We need to collect our members’ and Jog Leaders’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ and Jog Leaders’ personal information to:
• Provide you with jogging sessions as a member of jogscotland and of our group, to inform you of those sessions.
• Ensure our jogging sessions are appropriate for you according to any medical information you may have supplied.
• Ensure we are able to contact your emergency contact in case of an emergency.
• Ensure photographs/videos of you are only used for promotional purposes if you have given consent.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ and Jog Leaders’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• Promote and encourage participation in jogging by sending you information about our group, our sessions, running events, and social events relating to the group.
• Where you have given consent to be added to our WhatsApp group, to put you in touch with other members of the group via WhatsApp. This will result in your name and phone number being shared with other members of the WhatsApp group.
• Keep track of your attendance so that we are able to delete your personal details from our records if you haven’t attended the group for one year.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our sessions or other events, we may share this with on our social media platforms and with external media for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
If you have given us your phone number and consent to be added to our WhatsApp group, your name and number will be added to our WhatsApp group and will be shared with other members of the WhatsApp group.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and is accessed by our Jog Leaders/The Welcoming Staff for the purposes set out above.
It is also stored on paper in a filing cabinet in The Welcoming offices, which monitored by staff and is locked overnight.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ and Jog Leaders’ personal data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with an appropriate member experience while you are active with our jogging group. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have ceased to attend jog sessions for more than one year.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by The Welcoming jogscotland will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.