Volunteer Receptionist vacancy
Time commitment: 30 hours per week, job share between two volunteers encouraged.
Please state your availability in your cover letter.
Hours of work: 12 -5 pm Monday – Wednesday & 9 am – 5 pm Thursday & 9 am – 4 pm Friday
Place of work: 20/1 Westfield Avenue, EH11 2TT
Closing date: 10th March 2020
Start date: week commencing 16th March 2020
Reporting to: Office Manager
Purpose of the role:
To welcome visitors and participants to The Welcoming and to assist the staff with basic office tasks.
- Greet visitors as they arrive and assist them with their needs
- Help new participants to register using the online registration form
- Issue membership cards
- Assist with office tasks e.g. photocopying, stocktaking and ordering office supplies
- Assist with the recording and banking of cash donations
- Open up the classrooms and top up supplies.
- Help to keep the office kitchen and reception area clean and tidy
- Help to monitor and maintain office and catering supplies
- Help with recycling and disposing of rubbish
- Ensure leaflets and posters displayed in the reception and classrooms are relevant and up-to-date
- Assist with the organisation of events
- To manage phone calls
- To help with data input
- Carry out any other duties as determined by the Office Manager
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Good standard of English
- Ability to communicate well with people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures
- Commitment to the values and the vision of the Welcoming
All informal enquiries and applications should be sent to Corinna Bremer at [email protected].
Please attach a current CV, as well as a cover letter outlining how you meet the job specifications.