The Immediate Priorities Fund has been awarded to The Welcoming Association by the Scottish Government to give financial support to those most in need.
This is the second round of funding. The first round of funding finished in December 2020.
Who can apply
The Fund will provide one £100 Sainsbury’s shopping voucher to The Welcoming Association service users who are currently unemployed, temporarily out of work or in a situation with precarious working conditions due to Covid-19.
- Be registered with The Welcoming and have attended The Welcoming’s activities including English classes, employability guidance programme, 1×1 Befriending, Food growing, Home Energy Saving, and other online activities in the past 10 months (since March 2020).
- Be unemployed, temporarily out of work or in a situation with precarious working conditions.
- Be currently residing in Edinburgh and be able to provide proof of residence (e.g. GP letter, Council Tax that is dated in the last three months as evidence of residence in Edinburgh).
Please note the following conditions:
- The applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis until the full funds are distributed.
- Those who have already benefitted from The Welcoming Covid-19 Emergency fund or the Immediate Priority Fund will not be eligible for this round of funding.
- Decisions will be communicated to applicants after the closing date
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Multiple applications (over 18s only) from different members of a family unit are accepted. For example, if, both, you and your partner are unemployed you can both apply.
The deadline for receipt of completed application forms has been extended to: 5pm, Friday 12th February 2021.
The application process:
- Complete and submit the application form.
- The following supporting document is required:
- Proof of residence (e.g. GP letter, Council Tax that is dated in the last three months as evidence of residence in Edinburgh)
- Supporting documents must be sent by email to [email protected] by Friday 12th February.
- You will be informed by email if your application is successful or not.
- If you are successful, you will be provided with a Sainsburys’ voucher that can be used to buy necessary supplies.
Due to limited funds priority those who have already benefitted from The Welcoming Covid-19 Emergency fund or the Immediate Priority Fund will not be eligible for this round of funding.