The Immediate Priorities Fund has been awarded to The Welcoming Association by the Scottish Government to give financial support to those most in need.
Who can apply
This fund is available to asylum seekers and refugees who are registered members and attending the Welcoming Association’s activities and classes.
To apply for funding: You must be a registered member or a service user of The Welcoming Association and meet at least one of the following grant aid criteria.
The amount of grant that you can apply for is:
- Up to £500 – if you are an asylum seeker and have no access to public funding.
- Up to £400 – if you are an individual or a family, with refugee status, and have arrived in Edinburgh between 23rd March 2020 and 31st October 2020.
- Up to £250 – if you are an individuals or family, with refugee status, that is affected by disabilities, and have arrived in Edinburgh after March 2019.
- Up to £250 – if you are a single-parent with refugee status with children under 18 years old and arrived in Edinburgh after March 2019.
The deadline for receipt of completed application forms is: 8pm, Friday 4th December 2020.
Please note: We can only accept one application per household.
The application process:
- Complete and submit the application form.
- The following supporting documents are required if you are an:
- Asylum seeker – an Application Registration Card (ARC) to demonstrate being an asylum seeker who is applying for refugee status.
- Refugee – a Biometric Residents Permit (BRP) to evidence that you have refugee status.
- Refugee with disabilities – a letter from your GP or benefit agency to prove your level of disability.
- Supporting documents must be sent by email to [email protected] by 8pm, Friday 4th December.
- You will be informed by email if your application is successful or not.
- If you are successful, you will be provided with a Sainsburys’ voucher that can be used to buy necessary supplies. Due to limited funds priority will be given to those who did not receive funding from The Welcoming Association’s Covid-19 Emergency Fund.
For more information and support
For Arabic translations, Saad Ibrahim can help from Monday 30th November. Saad is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (9.00 am to 4.00 pm) and Wednesday (9.00 am – 3.00 pm) until the deadline. Please email Saad at [email protected] or call 07405585825.