Volunteer Fundraising and Development Officer
- Working pattern: Negotiable
- Salary: Volunteer role, unpaid
- Location: Edinburgh
- Closing date: Friday 6th August 2021, 5pm
Purpose of the role:
We are recruiting a volunteer Fundraising and Development Officer who will support the development and implementation of sustainable development and fundraising strategy for the organisation’s growth. The Fundraising and Development Officer will work closely with the Director to generate income, focusing on securing grant income and building new partnerships with the corporate sector and Trust Foundations and statutory bodies to support the current activities of the Welcoming Association.
This position will play a vital role in continuing our strong track record of securing funds from trusts and foundations and statutory through grant applications and tenders, as well as leading on the growth and future development of new income streams through digital fundraising and from corporate partnerships.
We are looking for someone with the following credentials:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or can demonstrate equivalent skills through ongoing professional/personal development.
- Commitment to the ethos and values of TWA.
- Ability to research and lay out clear and concise written arguments.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to team goals
- Confident and competent public speaker
- Excellent IT skills
- Creative and adaptable
- Commitment to achieving personal and organisational objectives
Reporting to: The Welcoming Director.
Please send your CV and cover letter to The Welcoming’s Director, Tesfu Gessesse at [email protected].
The closing date for this position is Friday 6th August 2021, 5pm.