We support New Scots (asylum seekers, refugees and migrants) with the following employment support:
- writing job applications and CVs
- preparing for interviews
- developing skills
- accessing training and education
- and career advice
We have two employability services at The Welcoming; one for people under 30 years old, and one for people over 30 years old.
Apply for an appointment by filling out the Employment and Training Support form. We will respond to you when we can.
You must be a registered member before you can apply for an appointment: Register here.
Employability support for over 30s
Employability support for under 30s
Employment Guidance Course
A course to prepare you for working in the UK.
In this course you will learn how to search for jobs, write job applications and cover letters, improve interview skills, learn about work culture in Scotland and UK employment rights.
Date and time
Lesson 1: Getting started and searching for jobs
- Monday 23rd January, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lesson 2: Writing job applications and CVs
- Monday 6th February, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lesson 3: Preparing for interviews and practice interviews
- Monday 20th February, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lesson 4: Practice interviews and overview of learnings
- Monday 6th March, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lesson 5: Rights and responsibilities in the workplace
- Monday 20th March, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Lesson 6: Health and wellbeing
- Monday 27th March, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Find out more
Email Nadia to find out more: [email protected]